As a follow on from yesterday’s #PRPrompts micropost about videos, today I’m expanding on that with content ideas. When creating content for video as part of your marketing and PR plan, it’s not too dissimilar to creating content for blogs. Think about what you’re already writing on your blog and social media platforms.
Here are five ideas I’ll be exploring over the next few months:
- Educating people about public relations. What could you educate people about? Your product? Your industry? Your service? I’m interested to explore some of the screen capturing apps to create tutorials.
- Going inside one of my clients’ campaigns and showing the results. Could you do a case study for what you do? Maybe you launched a new product, helped a client in an area of their business or you can see areas where someone else could have done better. See The Wiggles.
- Answering some of the many questions that are left here on the blog, on social media and email. What about you? If you’re not being asked questions specifically, try looking at forums to see what questions people have about your industry.
- A sneak peek behind the scenes of Mum PR. The sticky beak in me is always interested to know how others’ work, what their secrets are to staying organised and efficient and how they do their job. Would you be willing to show people what happens on the other side of your computer screen?
- Telling you my story. The story of Mum PR has certainly evolved rather quickly from a one woman operation to now having a three-member team with quite a number of clients. The projects we work on are quite varied too, from social media, marketing and PR, to client management, business coaching and branding. It even incorporates the business novel I’m writing for a client. What’s your story? How has your business evolved?
What are your tips for creating videos for your business or blog?